What happens if my car fails its MOT?

In this situation, you will be given a VT30 vert. You are not allowed to legally drive your car until the relevant repairs are made. Then, you will need to have another MOT performed to ensure the car meets the legal requirements. Your insurance is also likely to be void without a valid MOT certificate.